Where to get help

The pastoral team is here to listen and to support you, so please feel free to get in touch to discuss any concerns you have. There are also numerous organizations we can put you in touch with, some of which are listed here under the following categories:

  • mental health
  • substance misuse
  • housing and homeless
  • sexual abuse and domestic violence
  • victim support
  • children (0–13 years)
  • young people (14–21 years)
  • elderly people

Mental Health

The Croydon Association for Pastoral Care in Mental Health (APCMH) offers a broad range of support, both one-to-one and in group/workshop settings, for anyone experiencing difficulties with mental health.

E: [email protected]
T: 020 8654 4010
W: http://www.apcmhcroydon.co.uk/
A:  St Mildred’s Community Centre, 2 Bingham Road, CROYDON, CR0 7EB

Directions: The nearest tram stop is Addiscombe. Buses 130, 367, and 289 stop at the end of Bingham Road, and St Mildred’s is a short walk.

Rethink Mental Illness are a national charity providing a wide range of support for those affected by mental illness: https://www.rethink.org/

Substance Misuse

Croydon Recovery Network (CRN) is the drug and alcohol service for adults in Croydon, offering support to individuals borough-wide. You can self-refer or make an enquiry online by visiting http://www.turning-point.co.uk/croydon-recovery-network or by calling 020 8253 1040.

CRN are based at Lantern Hall (190 Church Road, CROYDON, CR0 1SE), but offer help at a number of venues in the borough depending on your specific needs.

Housing and Homelessness

If you have concerns about your housing, are at risk of running into arrears on paying your rent or mortgage, have been issued with a notice of eviction, or want to speak to someone about any housing related difficulties, Shelter offer a wide breadth of free services.


You can also chat live with advisors online:


Or try calling one of their housing experts direct on 080 8800 4444.

If you wish to refer yourself or anyone you know or have seen who is living on the streets, you can refer online. You do not need to know the person’s name. If you feel comfortable doing so, ask their permission or see if they are interested, but either way a worker will visit in the next few days and see if they want help:

W: http://www.streetlink.org.uk/
T: 0300 500 0914

Sexual Abuse and Domestic Violence

In an emergency always dial 999.

Women can get support through the Rape & Sexual Abuse Support Centre (RASASC) run by Rape Crisis South London, which operates a national freephone helpline: 0808 802 9999.

Male victims of rape or sexual abuse may be interested in SurvivorsUK.

If you or someone you know is affected by domestic violence, the Family Justice Centre (FJC) is the Croydon base for a multi-disciplinary team who can offer both crisis and longer-term support.

W: https://www.croydon.gov.uk/community/dabuse/fjcentre
T: 020 8688 0100
E: [email protected]

The National Domestic Violence Helpline is also a place to access advice, support, information, and referral information

T: 080 8200 0247
W: http://www.nationaldomesticviolencehelpline.org.uk/

Victim Support

If you’ve been affected by crime, harm or abuse and live in London, you can talk to Victim Support in confidence using their free Live Chat tool.

If you’re over 18: www.victimsupport.org.uk/livechatlondon
If you’re under 18: www.youandco.org.uk/livechatlondon

You can also call their Supportline on freephone 080 8168 9111, find your local service or contact them through their website to get support.

Children (0–13 years)

Family Space is the Croydon online portal for information about local services. However, it is currently being updated so the only information here at present is regarding childcare and funding for free 2-year-old spaces: http://www.familyspacecroydon.co.uk/

Practitioner Space is the Croydon online portal for professionals working to support families. However, in the absence of Family Space content this is a useful way to access information on support, information, advice, and referral processes: https://www.practitionerspacecroydon.co.uk/

Young People (14–21 years)

There is a wide range of support, advice, and information services for young people (14–21) in the borough. Croydon has invested in a ‘one stop advice centre’ called Turnaround, which operates a drop-in zone through the week and where a number of YP workers are based on-site offering both crisis and longer-term support. The Turnaround Centre will quickly and easily provide information, signposting, referral, or direct access for YP and/or their families, so are ideal as a first point of call whatever your issue.

W: https://www.croydon.gov.uk/community/youthsupport/turnaroundcentre
T: 020 8760 5530
A: Croydon Turnaround Centre, Cavendish House, 51–55 South End, CROYDON, CR0 1BF

Elderly People

Age UK offers a wide range of services, including an advice line: 0800 678 1174.

site by codecreation