At St John’s we believe every adult and child is made in the image of God and every adult and child deserves to be safe.
Safeguarding is at the heart of everything we do in our shared life together.
Our Parish Safeguarding Officers (Rachel Rae and Rebecca Hall) can be contacted at [email protected].
Our Churchwardens (Rebecca Hall and Nicholas Bucknall) can be contacted at [email protected].
Alternatively, you may wish to contact these agencies:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9–5pm).
The contact details of the Safeguarding Advisers in the Diocese of Southwark are as follows:
- Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Pamela Chisholm, email pamela.chisholm@southwark.
anglican.org or 020 7939 9423 (or 07982 279713 for urgent matters out of hours)
- Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Marie Daly: [email protected] or 020 7939 9441 (or 07946 255295 for urgent matters out of hours)
- Assistant Diocese Safeguarding Adviser, Louise Vernon: [email protected] or 020 7939 9462 (or 07946 255622 for urgent matters out of hours)
The Diocesan policies and procedures can be found in the manual A Safe Church.