St John’s is committed to keep safe and protect from harm any child or vulnerable adult.
Our Parish Safeguarding Officers (Rachel Rae and Rebecca Hall) can be contacted at email@example.com. Our Churchwardens (Rebecca Hall and Nicholas Bucknall) can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you may wish to contact these agencies:
- NSPCC Child Protection Helpline: 0808 800 5000 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are worried about a child.
- Child-line: 0800 1111 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are a child or young person and are worried about anything.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline: 0808 2000 247 (lines free and open 24 hours). Phone if you are experiencing domestic abuse.
- Samaritans Helpline: 116 123 (open 24 hours). Phone if you feel you are struggling to cope and need someone to talk to.
- Action on Elder Abuse Helpline: 080 8808 8141 (free phone Monday to Friday 9–5pm).
The contact details of the Safeguarding Advisers in the Diocese of Southwark are as follows:
- Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Kate Singleton: email@example.com or 020 7939 9423 (or 07982 279713 for urgent matters out of hours)
- Assistant Diocesan Safeguarding Adviser, Marie Daly: firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7939 9441 (or 07946 255295 for urgent matters out of hours)
- Assistant Diocese Safeguarding Adviser, Louise Vernon: email@example.com or 020 7939 9462 (or 07946 255622 for urgent matters out of hours)
The Diocesan policies and procedures can be found in the manual A Safe Church.